Friday, July 29, 2011

Bye-Bye City!

I had to bribe the boys to get them in the same place at the same time looking somewhat towards the camera. I liked that you could see the Willis Tower in the background!

Yes, I am sad to be leaving the city. Here's what I (we) will miss most...
the awesome parks
the museums
fabulous restaurants
walking everywhere
free stuff for kids
my spinning class on Saturdays
having Aunt Bec and the kids so close
taking public transportation
getting super excited when I get the park district classes I want
all the indoor play spaces for kids
Starbucks on every corner
Fire Stations with firemen we know by name
familiar running routes
Hockey at Johnny's Ice House

I know that we will LOVE living in the burbs, but Andy has been in this condo for 9 years and I have been here for 4. This is the longest I have lived in one house since I graduated college! I'm glad that we will be close enough to still enjoy everything the city has to offer!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Great picture and nice posting. You won't be far and can take advantage of everything the city has to offer. Good luck with the move. xoxo

Rebecca said...

We'll miss you too!

Laura said...

I'm sure you will miss the city but what a great experience to live in the city!! We will miss visiting you in the city and doing all of the cool "non-country" stuff!! Can't wait to explore Glenview with you and the boys!!

Grammy aka Marilyn said...

I'm sure you will miss the city things, but I'm also sure you will just love your new house and living in Glenview. Welcome to the burbs!