Sunday, October 19, 2008

Race Day!


This Saturday, we (me, Laura, Bec, Sully, Abby and Trevor) participated in a race. The kids ran distances of 20 yards to 1/4 mile. They all did great! The adults participated in a 5K run/walk. It was really nice to get back into racing and I am definitely looking forward to more. In the picture above, I am getting ready to take Charlie in the costume parade. Abby took Sully through the parade---she was a cheerleader and Sully was a runner! He would have roasted in his Winnie the Pooh costume! Trevor was dressed as an Army guy.



Here are the kids before their race! We definitely have some future runners in the family.


Me, Charlie, Abby, and Sully waiting for the costume parade.

3 comments:

Laura said...

It was a totally AWESOME experience!! I will DEFINITELY do it again!! It was also great to get the kids involved and let them see that being fit is a lot of fun too!!

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you "encouraged" me to do it. I'm so glad that I got to do my first race with my sisters.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the runners. It sounds like everyone could come home with pride. My favorite costume, of course, is the little green frog...