Saturday, October 5, 2013

Better Late than Never!

Sully, Charlie, and I went to Michigan in August with my whole family.  We rented a house for the week and had a great time.  I know it's a little late but I took a ton of photos and wanted to post.


We went fishing every day.  Poppa had poles for all the kids and taught them all about fishing.  Everyone caught something!

Charlie and I even caught a turtle that he names Turtis.  He was a little sad when I told him Turtis had to go back in the pond.I didn't think Andy would be too happy if we came home with a pet turtle!
 



Trevor and Sully enjoyed fishing the most and were fishing buddies!
 
 

We all went canoeing.  I was a little out of practice but really enjoyed it.  Charlie even made up a few tall tales about falling out of the canoe.  He is quite a character!
 
 

I went to Mackinaw as a kid and couldn't wait to take the boys.  The loved the ferry ride and biking the 8-miles around the island.  Sully kept up with his older cousins the whole time and Charlie tagged-along with me!
 
 

Sully skipping stones with Uncle Jim!
 

The water was freezing but the kids enjoyed some time at the beach!
 

We went mini-golfing. It was a first for Abby and I think everyone got at least one hole-in-one!
 
 
Although the weather was a little on the cool side, we did everything we had planned. Laura, Jim, Bec, Matt, and I even managed a night out to dinner with no kiddos thanks to Poppa and Gramma.  It was fun staying up to visit with everyone.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You really got some great pictures! I love that you make an effort to be in the photos too.....I need to be better about that. I think the boys will be really glad that you are in the pics.

Grammy aka Marilyn said...

Great pictures! It looks like it was a wonderful trip for all!

Jane said...

Nice seeing the pics,even late.We did have a super good time. xoxo